In an effort to improve the uniformity of the showring, the ABBA Show Committee approved the Weight and Measurement Parameters for the 2018 National Brahman Show to be held at the State Fair of Texas in Dallas, Texas.
The weight and measure parameters were derived by a Weighing and Measuring Sub-Committee who reviewed weights and measures from previous International, National and All American Shows. The parameters were then reviewed by the entire Show Committee and the Board of Directors and the feeling was that the parameters were quite liberal but would effectively eliminate those cattle that are too large or too small to conform to today’s industry standards.
The Show Committee will continue to monitor the weights and hip heights at the conclusion of each show and has the option to adjust these as needed. The following are the rules associated with the weight and measurement program:
- Cattle at the 2018 National Show will be weighed on Monday, October 8 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- All animals in the Calf and Intermediate Divisions must meet the weight and measure parameters at the National Brahman Show.
- Any animal that exceeds the weights and measures parameters at the National, International or any other show that has official weights and measures will be ineligible for that show and any other approved ABBA shows until the next show that weights and measures are taken when they can requalify. If an animal who weighs or measures out and shows before requalifying that animal will be disqualified for the remainder of their show career.
- Any animal that does not meet the weight or measurement parameter must be re-weighed or re-measured immediately after coming off the scale only one time at the scale previously weighed/measured on for qualification.
- The hip height measurement will be taking directly over the hook bone.