ABBA Fall Board of Directors meeting will be held at the State Fair of Louisiana Fairgrounds in Shreveport, Louisiana on Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM. ABBA Committee meetings will also be held at the fairgrounds. The Finance Committee meeting will be held in the Livestock Sales Arena at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, November 9th, with the Executive Committee meeting to follow at 5:30 PM. All other Committee meetings will be held on Thursday, November 10th.
A Board of Directors lunch will be offered prior to the BOD meeting. Please confirm your attendance with the ABBA. Committee Chairmen should submit a number count on any non-board members who will be attending the luncheon
SPECIAL OFFER FROM THE ABBA
2023 ABBA annual renewal statements/invoices will be mailed from the ABBA office at the end of November. Pay your ABBA annual membership fee by December 31st, 2022 and receive a $25.00 discount! Please contact the ABBA office if you do not receive your statement/invoice. (Discount does not apply to F1 memberships or Junior memberships)
2023 ABBA BULL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ENROLLING SPRING BORN BULLS
The ABBA is now accepting bulls for the 2023 ABBA Bull Development and Marketing Program, announced H.C. Neel, Director of Association Services. To participate, bulls must be born January to May 2022.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30, 2022.
Bulls will be delivered to Texana Feeders Ltd. from February 14 to 16, 2023.
All ABBA members are invited to participate in this 120-day bull test. The fee is $175 per bull plus feed costs. Qualifying bulls have the opportunity to be part of the ABBA Bull Sale at the conclusion of the test. Each bull must meet these requirements:
- Consignors/Nominees must be members of the ABBA. If not a member, you can join now.
- Bulls must be registered in the American Brahman Breeders Association.
- Bulls must have a birth weight & weaning weight submitted prior to being accepted.
- Bulls should be weaned at least 45 days, recommended dehorned, received two rounds of injections and dewormed prior to delivery at Texana Feeders Ltd.
- Bulls will be tested for BVD-PI and ONLY NEGATIVE bulls will be allowed into the test.
- Bulls must also meet vaccination requirements outlined in the nomination packet.
Bulls will be evaluated for overall conformation, carcass quality, docility, and structural soundness. Each participating breeder will receive the following important performance data on their animals: start weight, final weight, average daily gain, frame score, ultrasound measuresments, DNA results.
ABBA will award an overall high indexing, top scanning, and top gaining bull awards at the conclusion of the test. For more information, contact H.C. Neel at 979-485-5528 or email email@example.com.